Tuesday 1:00 pm- 2:00 pm and Friday 1:30 pm- 2:30 pm
Members – Included
Non-Members -$7 per class
Have Fun Getting Fit and Healthy
REALFIT is a strength training program designed to introduce or reintroduce Wellness Program Participants to land based resistance training through the use of free-weights and machines. This program is also intended to increase a client’s overall knowledge of how and why strength training contributes to their ability to maintain an independent healthy lifestyle. Clients will learn the safe execution of resistance and weighted exercises through hands on training with a coach.
Developing strength in a land based setting with proper technique and volume allows for improved joint stability and postural control. This then lends itself to more functional strength reducing wear and tear on the body including
osteoarthritis and overuse injuries. Land based exercise allows for specific focus to strengthen weakened muscle groups in a more functional manner against gravity.
- Learn the difference between compound and isolation exercises and the benefits of both.
- Not only does strength training increase your physical work capacity, it also improves your ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Strength training improves bone density. One of the best ways you can control bone loss as you age is to add strength training to your weekly routine.
- Lean muscle mass helps to promote a fat-free body mass.
- Exercise increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons. This leads to decreased risk of injury.
- Weighted exercise improves your quality of life as you gain body confidence. Strength training will not only make you strong, but will also help with managing your weight.
In conclusion the REALFIT Strength Training Program will increase client knowledge and physical strength. As well as make clients more comfortable in the land based training environment. It is anticipated that with a newfound level of comfort and confidence that clients would increase the number of days in which they complete land based strength training independently and utilize the gym more often. This will contribute to their overall independence, and mental health, and happiness.
Cas Stouder, Wellness Coordinator
Contact us for more information.